Wednesday, March 26, 2014

A little mid-day reminiscing

Here are a few of my favourite photos that never fail to make me smile.  Photography has always been important to me.  If you're someone who is prone to over-thinking and periods of anxiety and melancholy, I think it's especially important to try and capture happy times and make a scrapbook of positive memories -- just to remind yourself that things are not always bad. 

Don't get me wrong -- today is not necessarily a bad day for me.  Not at all, actually.  I'm being quite productive with my work today and I am definitely enjoying that bright sunshine - even if from inside the house.  I just wanted to take a few minutes to take a "smile" break.  So, here are ten random photos that make me smile.... 

Beth and I at Hugh's Room in Toronto, ON (2010) -- the first time I saw her perform live


Isa and I when we went canoeing, May 2012.  Massive step for me in overcoming my fears.  Many thanks to Isa for being there for me in person (as well as Heather, for helping me so much long-distance).  They both made it possible for this moment to happen.  Canoeing is no longer a fear but a new-found passion!


My dearest friends on their wedding day.  June 2, 2012
 

The first picture ever taken of me with my three favourite guys...

 
 A happy, healthy photo of myself from my childhood :-)  August 1988


 Being important to the lives of these people....  


Spending this moment with this gorgeous little loon, who was injured and frightened but who seemed to 
find my presence comforting.


Sigh... Thank you Bethie.


 
 
 And again.... Sigh. (This is the kind of stuff I receive on a regular basis but it never fails to give me a chuckle.  Love that girl, crazy though she may be!)



And the Cowbell Sketch can always, always, always make me smile. 
All the world needs is a little more cowbell.  ;)

- NWK

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.